08 January 2012

Purge of the New Year

Yesterday I decided to reorganize the guest bedroom/craft room.  First though, I had to scour the apartment for my furniture glider things.  After all, I couldn't possibly move all that furniture with out them (at least without assistance).  I finally got frustrated enough looking for them that I just went and purchased more...  Anyway, the hubby was complaining about the corner where I placed his desk so it was time for a change.  So I rearranged it: 


The guest bed is covered in stuff I had to take off the shelves so they would be light enough for me to move by myself.  Putting them under the window frees up a lot of wall space :)





Here's a stack of notes I decided to get rid of...after all the final graduation of all my education is in May.   Here's 8 years worth of notes from college and vet school that I haven't looked at since I was in class taking said notes.  So GOOODBYE!   Chase and I combined got rid of about 50 pounds of paper :)



Here where I stationed my craft desk.  I even have a space for the portable table (where my laptop is stationed) to stay permanently.  The short shelf is nearby so I can place my jars of pencils and pens and free up more work space. I also found a home for the little ring holder.  Now I can place my rings there while I make a mess of my hands with paint :)  Best of all, I can look right at my favorite ATCs from other artists.  Even though I loved the lighting from the window, I like being in this  (the corner my hubby hated) even better.  The window is drafty and the glass is fogged in between the panes so it didn't work out as I had hoped...



The new guest bed location looks nice, I think.  I keep clean sheets on 24/7...just in case someone decides to visit! (ahem... you know who you are...come visit me!!!)

In other news, I caught the yearly cold... I get sick every single winter since I moved to Missouri.  This year though...I'm not letting it go past 4 weeks.  The past 3 years, it's gone on for months...until my mom and husband threaten to hogtie me and take me to doctor.  I'm like the fractious cat that knows when to hide when it's time for her yearly vet appointment.


An orderly environment inspires... so here's what I made! Journal Fishy
Peace and Love, y'all!


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Oh how I'd love an area like that. Being squished in the corner of the living room is not inspiring AT ALL. Love your display of ATC's!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Carmen x
#63

Anonymous said...

Hope you get over your cold soon. I love your painting! I think and "L" arrangement like you have with your table and portable table works so well -- I have my table and desk in a similar arrangement.

Julie said...

Hi Katie! Sorry it has taken me almost all week to get a return visit to your blog! my whole house has been sick :( Anyways! you should definitely start doing videos on YouTube! I love it! It is so much fun and the YT community is like none other! :) Thanks for visiting my blog this week!
Julie

Whimcees said...

Hello!

The 'new and improved' guest room looks great! You have a wonderful work area! Wishing you a happy week!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...