29 September 2010

WOYWW

Happy WOYWW and welcome to my blog! I hope all who visit have a great day :)



So here it is - my desk, properly inhabited by my watercolors (my hubby and I have taken over the dining room table at present to use for studying). I've had that set of watercolors since 8th grade which means they are going on 11 years now! I'm hosting a Colorful Hot Air Ballon Swap at atcsforALL so there are lots of my hot air ballon ATCs around. The fall themed ATCs are finished and ready to mail for a Autumn Foliage Swap :) I just have to find the time to scan and secure them in an envelope.






My dear friend, Brooke, sent a belated birthday present: lots of seeds (and some make up samples, a book about dogs, and a calender with manicures pre-penciled in)! I'll have to figure out where I can plant some of them when the time is right. It was so much fun spreading them all out on the guest bed and looking at all the varieties! I wonder if the apartment manager would mind if I let a gourd vine grow up the deck...


In other new, tests last week went super-well :) and hopefully the one in 1.5 hours will too. It's over neurologic diseases of horses and dental issues (and aging a horse by its teeth). Although I don't want to be a horse vet, I still have to do my best on this test! So I'm off to study just a touch more. Post test edit: I did well enough - Equine med won't prevent me from entering clinical rotations! Heck yeah! I'm going to be Dr. Katie soon enough! Now if people would shut their traps about the test. I hate pre and post test chatter! *puts in head phones* Thank you Pandora for the escape!


Peace and love! Thank you for dropping by!
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the idea of ATC balloons.Thanks for the snoop:-))

Twiglet said...

Oh all those seed packs - lucky you! Best of luck with the tests.

Annie said...

Lovely to see your paints in use :-)
A x

Unknown said...

An ATC balloon sounds like a fab idea!

Sue said...

Hi ya
ATC ballon lovely idea, lovely creative desk,have great day, happy WOYWW, sue,x

Tracy Evans said...

Lucky you all those seeds, what a fantastic gift. Enjoyed my snoop, THANKS. Tracy Evans (18).

Kaz said...

gorgeous paints.....I have some somewhere you have given me the nudge to dig them out thanksxx

Anonymous said...

Lovely balloon ATC's and wow!, what a lot of seeds!

Hugs
Brenda

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Love your artwork :-) Fabulous quilt
Anne xx

Helen said...

Love the quilt the seeds are spread out on!! Just seen you running in your last post - good on you!

Ciara said...

Wow, that's a whole lot of seeds!

Your painting is lovely, really vibrant & bright :-)

Ciara
xx

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Beautiful and creative desk and great WOYWW space, thanks for sharing, hugs Heidi (#32) xxx

Jingle said...

Oh, your paint tray is amazing! I want to hang it on my wall it is so inspiring! LOL!

Zue said...

Your friend, Brooke is a wonder. What a fabulous present! You need to keep on with the watercolour painting.

Sue xx 15

oneoff said...

That's a well-loved set of paints. Balloons are so beautiful, and very vibrant on your ATCs.

akilli melek said...

your desk looks positively tidy! love the autumnal watercolours. caroline (#141)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Very productive craft area, judging by the amount of beautiful work in progress! Love that messy paint tray, and those fab. bird paintings in the background.
Good luck with all your studies.
Sylvia x

Sew This N That said...

Great paintings babe :)
Glad to hear your tests went well.
My youngest wants to be a vet...mind you she's only 4yrs old, so there's time for her to want to be an 100 other things lol.
*hugs* Heather x

Jacqueline said...

Love atc's - I've had my watercolours for a long time too - more than 20 years - yikes! - Jacqueline xx

Aisling said...

Hi Katie, thanks for your WOYWW comment. I'm not a member of ATCsForAll (yet), but I had a look and the ATCs I saw so far look absolutely fabulous, so I'll certainly think about joining. Thanks for the tip!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Glad to hear your test is now finished and you can breathe for a few minutes. I love the trees. They are my favorite. Of course all those seeds packets make a lovely photo, too. You are lucky to have a good friend who gave you all those, makeup and a calendar, too. Sorry I'm late, especially since I was #1 this week.

Terry said...

Lovely colors! Like your desk. Congrats on the great time in the 5k too!

Terry #250
http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

The Taming of the Glue said...

Fab art work...must help to take your mind of all those dratted exams! Pam (12)

downrightcrafty said...

wow that paint try would bet a 10/10 on the messy scale but overall and in comparison to others we will have to see
thanks for the belated return snoop
Hugs Kate xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love those watercolors! Perfect for fall! You need crafting with the heavy load you are studying! Good luck to you!

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful watercolors. I don't think they go bad. I have some watercolor pencils I bought in the 70s which still work fine lol. I'm working on using things up more :D.

Congratulations on doing well on your test :D.

#2

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...