13 February 2010

Whimsy

I'm taking a Whimsical Art Class at Art Trader. This is the first exercise - color schemes. It's also sort of the last exercise too (creat a body and then trace it and reclothe it a couple of times).


This is Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.


On this little fairy, I decided to use compementary colors for her wings and the background. I through some yellow in to make sure it didn't look too Christmas-y. I also used my circle template for the circles in the background. That little thing just makes patterns so much easier ^_^



*Nude mermaids follow...so don't look if they offend you*









Chase let me sign up for a whimsical mermaid class for valentine's day. I can't wait for it to begin...so I did some mermaids for my whimsy class!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Where are their shell bras!?! ;)

Katie said...

Shells looked too funny...maybe my class will help me develop some good bra-drawing techniques ^_^

Brigitte aka Scrappassie said...

I love your art ! I am in the whimsy class too, but not making much progress... I totally lack of confidence to just sit and draw, but trying hard to overcome just that LOL
O, and I agree, shells are a bit too Ariel ;-)

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...