01 February 2010

Disciplines of a Godly Woman

But first some art...

We covered snakes in Lab Animal Medicine and it was on my mind.... This is for a "What Was I Thinking?" themed swap ^_^


This one was for a purple and red themed swap. I think we could all use a nice cup of tea!




Today I joined a lovely group of young women for a bible study covering the book Disciplines of a Godly Woman. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) it is exactly what I need to be studying at this point in my life. My life is so unbalanced right now it probably looks like the last couple of rounds of Jenga - about to fall apart unless I do some serious work on the foundation. I've sorely neglected the foundation and my constantly frazzled state of mind is Exhibit A. This bible study just sort of popped up...I wasn't sure if I was going to go (most likely leaning toward not going since I'm tragically awkward around new people). But before I had made up my mind, I had a copy of the first chapter of the book in my hand and directions. Today's discussion centered around what discipline is and why we need as well as helped identifying the things that prevent me from being disciplined. So for this week I'm going to get up early and start my day off with a little God time. The ATCs have to slow as well...they are becoming somewhat of an idol. Vet school....God help me!

Vet school is frustrating the living daylights out of me. It's one of those semesters that I'm going to work really, really hard and keep up with my classes and still struggle. I aim to do my best, but I need to learn to be satisfied within my own capabilities (ie grades). Also I need some God-given patience and self-control to deal with constantly being around my buddies. I love them all, but as an introvert it takes a lot of energy for me to be around people constantly - especially when there's almost constant bickering among them. I need time alone to recharge and re-center on God. So pray for me as I try to make a fresh beginning and add a healthy dose of Godly discipline to my life!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

K said...

I hear you about school! Taking classes after being out for a while reminds me how NOT important grades actually are. Because I can get an A if I really want to but if I can't apply what I just learned what good is it?

So far this semester I have just had to accept that I can't do it all, I need to ignore the other students in my class who are freaking out, and spend as much time with the kiddos as possible! Because those two really put things in perspective . . . :)

nowzem said...

I love your blog! Thanks for commenting on mine! Hugs! :D

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...