24 February 2010

Whimsy and Mermaids

I've been doing a lot of sketching and doodling to try to improve my drawing skills. I think I've improved quite a bit at drawing figures from different angles. It's been a lot of fun! I can see improvement! I guess practice makes better (maybe not perfect)! The two classes I take with Art Trader are super fun and relaxing!

Mermaid Practice sketch page #3


#2 - these might have turned out a little better than the #3 page!


this is a whimsical sketch of an angry cook! Maybe someone left a mess in the kitchen!



The top row have roughly the correct propotions a face should have (draw a circle-ish shape put the eyes half way btween top and bottom, ears a little lower, then nose and mouth). The bottom row has really wonky placement of features- eyes too close together/too far apart, eyes too far up on the head. Haha - a good exercise in whimsy! I'm still looking for my distinct style! Tell me when I find it :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Meg said...

Cute! Very whimsical!

I'm so tired I misread your title though... I thought it said "Whiskey and Mermaids." I was wondering why on earth you'd be blogging about whiskey.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...