15 February 2010

Smile!

No nudity in this post! Promise!



Doesn't this guy just make you smile? He kept sticking his head through the fence for pets. I bought some suri wool from an alpaca with a similar coat color that I can't wait to knit with! I've got a pattern that I want to try as soon as I figure out the stitches...it's been awhile since I tried knitting! Did you know that camelids (such as an alpaca) have oval red blood cells. Most other mammals have the biconcave, disc shaped cells. ;)


We had bible study again today. I still feel a bit shy, but it's getting better as I get to know the girls better. Today's chapters were on worship and the mind. Worship shouldn't be just a Sunday morning thing but an every moment thing. How enriching would it be to have a constant attitude of worship! ...instead of my whiny/busy/distracted state of mind. I've had a lot of negativity in my life lately, and I really want to end that. After all there is always, always something to be grateful for - I just have to get out of my narrow-minded view of things. So maybe this week will be the fresh start I need! I think I might start taking part of lunch to take some quiet time to get focused. I hope my friends will understand. Another thing I can do to worship God is plan ahead - that is make lunches and set up the coffee machine the night before. Then I can get up and read some psalms while drinking my coffee and enjoying the birds on my snow-laden porch. That sounds like a good way to start the day. As for the mind part...the author states that the Christian should constantly be reading the bible and good, wholesome books - in any subject you like... For example, on her suggested reading she listed the James Herriot books as well as Jane Austen and an assortment of other classics. She also talked about reading gardening books ^_^ It's important for you to actually challenge your mind by learning new things and reading good literature! This chapter also talks about focusing on the positive things in life. Paul says "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things." Philippians 4:8.

Disciplining my mind to be renewed and worshipful are lofty goals so pray for me this week.

Finals begin next week so it's important for me utilize time management, focus while studying, and maintain a godly attitude.

Peace out!



Ps... whimsy mermaid class starts tomorrow!! Maybe they'll show me some ways to clothe my mermaids :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...