26 January 2011

Diving in, Head First

I started a new clinical rotation today: Internal Medicine Elective. This is rumored to be a challenging block that I've been quite nervous about. So far when I tell people I'm taking it as an elective, they ask "are you sure you want to do that?". Well, I'm not sure, but I'm diving in! Mark Twain said "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear" so I'm rising up to the challenge and not letting my anxiety get the better of me. So today when we assigned cases, I took the toughie, and with only an hour to prepare...managed to get through rounds relatively painlessly (minus the sweat and heart palpitations). What are rounds? Rounds are an hour and half case discussions...when the clinician in charge asks you tons of questions about treatment, lab results, blood work, your future plans, prognosis, pathogenesis etc. It can be quite nervewracking, but my clinician said I did well today! God help me to continue to work my hardest with a cheerful, can-do attitude, and please be with my patients. Bless the hands that give care for them, and help my mind to reach the right conclusions and develop treatment plans.


I'M SO DARN HAPPY TO BE WORKING WITH LIVE DOGS AND CATS!!! I could just cry I'm so happy to be working with the patients I want to work with.


Peace and Love to you all! God Bless!

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...