09 January 2011

A & B of A to Z - Disillusioned with school...

A for Addisons and B for Bankok Garden - we're 2 letters into our A to Z tour of Columbia. Next up (in a week or two) is C , and there are lots of choices for C!

I finished the layouts for A and B this weekend (credits in Sweet Shoppe Gallery).





Once again, I find myself disillusioned with school. Now don't get me wrong, clinics are 100 times better than the class room ever was, but the honest-to-goodness truth is I'm just tired of school in all of its forms! I feel as if this will never end! I'll be nearly 30 when I finally get out of school for good...and $140,000 in the hole. Starting salary is around $60,000...Chase is hoping to complete a post doc as soon as we're done here at Mizzou. How the heck are we ever going to pay off that huge amount of debt? In order to be on the 10 year standard repayment plan...nearly 40% of my income will go to paying off student loans. Can we even afford a house when we get out? What about starting our family? Where the heck will we live? GAH! I know there are many who have completed this before me...and that God will see us through. BUT these are the sort of thoughts that are weighing on my mind now. I guess a good dose of patience is what I need (2012 isn't that far off...and neither is my first free block)! *end whining* Now to focus on the good...I'm very grateful for my wonderful husband, my supportive family (that includes my in-laws), and all my faithful friends. I'm also grateful for the opportunities I've been given to follow my dreams...even if the getting there is a bit rough.


Peace and love. God bless all of you!


P.S. - Snow is NOT fun when you have to go catch a 1000 pound cow and vaccinate/treat/dehorn in it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Darcy@SomewhatMuddledMusings. said...

What a fun book that's going to be! I feel for you on the student loans.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...