13 April 2006

Square up

Well, I worked up enough courage to go to the SFL dance by myself. The first 15 minutes were pretty uncomfortable... I was the only single person there. awkward. Luckily, Rachel showed up. Dances sometimes make me wish I wasn't single. But singleness is good...I'm so busy with my studies and school activities. It's time of personal spiritual development - time for me to rely on God for my satisfaction. I snuck off around 10. Then nothing happened for the rest of the night. I had peanut butter crackers, took a shower, and now i'm about to go to bed. Good night.

"Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires."
Song of Songs 3:5

2 comments:

Ó Seasnáin said...

Great points. You never know what God will do once you take your relationship with Him seriously. My wife and I courted for 7 years (from the age of 14), and expected to marry first amongst our friends. It turned out that God brought about four couples together before our marriage, after they were earnestly seeking His face, and they are all very happy. Most were married before we were.

So, worries about "getting a boyfriend/girlfriend" are really lesser matters when we could be working in our present relationship with God. He brings those other things about in His timing.

Ó Seasnáin said...

by the way, those video links are fantastic!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...