29 December 2011

Art Spree


Today was day 2 of my 1 week break!  After seeing Will and Lauren off, I sat around and painted all day! It was heavenly (although I wish Will and Lauren could have stayed longer). 


This is the cover to an art journal :)I've been meaning to start one, but I just couldn't get past that first blank page!  Well beginning the Whimsy 2 class at Art Traders got me over that.  I couldn't wait to start trying my hand at whimsy trees.

Cover.  I applied gesso first, then let it dry.  Next I layered my watercolor, glued on the red paper, added white highlights, and inked it.

Congaree swamp



Yes...I realize trespassing is spelled incorrectly, but ironically this painting is based off a real sign - misspelling and all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...