09 December 2011

So Grateful

So here's my belated Thanksgiving post.

Chase and I both were blessed this year in that we actually got time off for Thanksgiving. Once I got the NAVLE over with, we really had a restful, enjoyable break as we visited family and caught up.

Beth bought me this as a belated birthday present :) I love it! I've already had one friend add one to their Christmas wish list. So far this is my only entry in it!



This is a picture of Beth's buttermilk cake - a family favorite (and also Chase's favorite).



Here's my grandpa making fudge: another family favorite!



We got to spend some time with my family too. I miss them and I love them very much. Even with all the stress of big, bad tests and all the upcoming life changes...it's important to take a step back and remember all that I have to be grateful for!


I am grateful for what I am and have.
My thanksgiving is perpetual...
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.

Henry David Thoreau


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...