22 December 2010

WOYWW

What the heck is WOYWW? Head on over to The Stamping Ground to find out! I actually managed to take a shot this week of my latest project. I'm making my family members rice packs that heat up in the microwave. :) I don't know if I'll get them all finished, but I'm at least making one each for my brother and his girlfriend who were recently in a car accident. Thank the Lord that neither was injured seriously, but I'm sure they'll find themselves a bit achy in the upcoming weeks.





Here are some recent scrapbooking layouts I've done. Credits for supplies used are over my Sweet Shoppe Gallery (link in side bar). I'm working for a 40% off coupon in their monthly portfolio challenge... then I'm going on a SHOPPING SPREE in there (well...as much as one as a poor grad student can reasonably afford). PEACE and LOVE to all of you.... and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!





Well I'm off to rounds, and then I'm picking up hopefully 2 dogs that need to be delivered to their new homes (7 hours from here)! I LOVE finding homes for dogs!
Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Jingle said...

Oh, those rice packs look great! I need to make one of those for me! LOL!

Susanne said...

Wonderful layouts. Since I'm from St. Louis originally, that's my fave. S #31

Twiglet said...

Great little rice packs and your layouts are lovely. Nice to see a sewing machine in action!!

Chelle said...

Gorgeous layouts. The rice packs look great.

Minxy said...

The rice packs are a fab idea, glad your bro and girlfriend and ok, Beautiful scrapbook layouts btw.
Wishing you Happy WOYWW & Happy Christmas too
hugs Minxy #4

Pam said...

Very smart job on the rice packs as gifts. I just might whip a couple of those up now that you suggested it. Do you add any herbs or just rice? You've got some great art going on here...and anybody who rescues dogs is a hero in my book too!

C said...

I just made those packs for our family as well! Glad everyone was ok. Lovely layouts!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home made gifts, put some lavender buds in them too to make them smell nicely when they're heated. Love the LO's, especially those crazy looking Alpaca's!!

Have a great Christmas,
Hugs
Brenda 45

Marjo said...

Great projects, love the rice packs! Thanks for the peek and sharing.

Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

Hugs, Marjo #5

sandra de said...

The rice packs are a lovely christmas gift and the LO are lovely. All the best for christmas.
Sandra #81

Cardarian said...

Love the rice packs - what a great idea! I am sure your brother and his girlfriend will appreciate it! Good work finding homes for the dogs!
Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year 2011!
Hugs all the way from Slovenia!
Cardarian

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great pics! Thank you for sharing and visiting my blog. :)

Do you know about my blog candy?

http://maggiescraft.blogspot.com/2010/11/woyww-blog-candy.html

Merry Christmas!

Maggie
xx

minnie_mac said...

These rice packs are a great idea, and those layouts are absolutely beautiful.

Have a Happy Christmas and all the very best for 2011. And good luck with your studies.

Marilyn

Angie said...

really love those LO's ...and the fish art on the earlier post. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Scrapcollectr said...

Those rice packs are a great idea! Hope u were able to get as many as u wanted done.... Your layouts are super! Digital? I haven't ventured there yet but how neat and tidy I imagine my workspace would be and how fat my scrapbooks would become if I crossed over! Happy Holidays and thanks for popping by.... *smile*
#33

voodoo vixen said...

Love those rice packs, I use one all the time but never thought of making them! Great LO's too, I haven't actually scrapped properly for ages.
Merry Christmas to You and Yours, Annette #35

Nicky said...

Oh love the ideas of the rice packs - are they just filled with normal rice? Have a great Christmas ~ Nicky 52

HeARTworks said...

Hi Katie! Great job on the layouts! Merry Christmas! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...