27 December 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010 was tough. My grandpa fell early on the morning of Christmas Eve. We called an ambulance and he was taken to the nearest hospital. So George and I took over all the Christmas Eve Party preparations while we waited to hear news from the hospital. As soon as we found out Papa was going into surgery that evening, we went to the hospital to wish him well and give him a hug. Later that afternoon, the party went on as planned with the addition of a heart felt prayer for my grandpa.


The surgeons said everything went well and he should be on the road to recovery. Maybe he'll even be better than before, because the doctors found that he was anemic before the surgery which could have caused weakness. I'm hopeful that after identifying the cause the anemia, the 3 units of blood he recieved, and a repaired broken leg...he'll be feeling much better.


Christmas with my husband's family :) During our time here, I received news that another family member could be in peril. Let me just say I believe in the power of prayer, as the prayers for that person's immediate safety were answered that night.



Chase and I arrived back in Missouri this afternoon to find a rather unpleasant email from Chase's boss - turns out Chase is in trouble for going home over Christmas. We stayed an extra day and he accidentally missed a lab meeting. I hope his boss understands given the situation with my family this season. So pray that his boss will be merciful in the upcoming week...and that Chase will be very industrious with writing his journal artical...due this week. God help us!


So Christmas 2010 was a bit rough, but I feel blessed to witness so many prayers anwered over this season. Of course, the biggest blessing of all is the reason for season. I believe with all my heart and soul that God sent his only son, Jesus, to save sinners like me. I hope and pray you believe and accept Him too. Although this world is falling apart and seems full of sorrow and trials, there is a hope and peace that rises above it all.

Much love and JOY to all of you! God Bless!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...