01 May 2009

First Year Veterinary Medicine

So why are vets so expensive? ...

This is one year of vet school books....The average text book costs $150... Notice the pathologic basis of veterinary disease book. It literally weighs over 15 pounds. I weighed it!

Two of my finals were today, and both went reasonably well. I made a B and an A in Repro and Epidemiology, respectively. So that's not to shabby. So far this semester has been happier than last semester, and it's not just because of grades.






I wish you could absorb information by transfusion or upload it like you sync an ipod.


I've really enjoyed watching the birds at my feeder lately. One reason I like watching them so much is they are so unconcerned about grades and planning weddings etc. They just go about their business, happy as can be. The other main reason I enjoy watching them is they remind me of my family, who I probably won't get to see for another month. It also gives me something to talk about with them...not that we have nothing to talk about. I feel like I talk to much about my school, but it's really hard not to. Besides we're covering avian anatomy now, and I think it's really cool! Birds are so weird. Haha, I hope I don't bore too many people with my rambling about their physiology and anatomy.

I wish Chase was here so he could watch the birds with me. He would like it too. 2 months, 3 weeks, and 3 days until we tie the knot! Hooray!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Conductor said...

After we're married, I wonder if down-on-their-luck undergrad students (or other grad students) will rob us of our textbooks so they can pay rent and stuff...that would be both tragic and ironic.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...