18 November 2008

Party Crashing


There's nothing like a spiritual slap from good ole A. W. Tozer to crash even the biggest of pity parties.


"Lord, make me childlike. Deliver me from the urge to compete with another for place or prestige or position. I would be simple and artless as a little child. Deliver me from pose and pretense. Forgive me for thinking of myself. Help me to forget myself and find my true peace in beholding Thee. That Thou may answer this prayer I humble myself before Thee. Lay upon me Thy easy yoke of self-forgetfullness that through it I may find rest
Amen"

-prayer from Tozer's The Pursuit of God: the Human Thirst for the Divine



Grades are unimportant. All my well made plans are worthless. Hopes and dreams are meaningless unless my gaze is toward the Father.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...