18 December 2013

WOYWW - Noah Elf

Here's what I was working on this Wednesday morning

Even though I don't have children yet, I love the idea of Elf on the Shelf...probably because the pictures are just so much fun!  Chase and I live on a budget though...and those elves are expensive!  So I decided to venture out and try to crochet one. 

I used this pattern on Ravelry by Jill Watt 

Here's how it happened....

Looking good...I put pipe cleaner in the limbs so they would be flexible :)


Stevie (my blind kitten) wanted you all to know she helped too!

I tried to make the head according to the pattern directions, but I just couldn't... So I decided to wing it, and this is how it turned out!  Elves shouldn't be bald though...and I think his hat needs a little fringe!

Hmm...Did I accidentally make my elf look like my husband?  Maybe?

Stevie thinks this Noah Elf character may have turned out alright.  Noah Elf likes being kind to the animals :)



So that's my workspace this week!   Now I'm off to bit of blog hopping (and maybe clean my house too).

Peace and Love, y'all!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Scrapcat 1 said...

the house can wait, I love your elf on a shelf. Thanks for sharing, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Tracy #41

Unknown said...

Your elf is just adorable and the pose with your kitty, just wonderful! Merry Christmas and Happy WOYWW!
Carol N # 57

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Katie, thanks for swinging by my blog earlier. Love the Elf, especially with Stevie..who is super cute and looks like my Boscat. Cx #60

Lorraine said...

what a marvellous elf..enjoy your time now together there is plenty of time for children..I had my 3 late in life;)

Annie Claxton said...

Love your little elf and your little kitty - happy Christmas to you and yours! :o)

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Love the little elf...and yes, he does look like your hubby!! The little kitten is cute, bless her.
Hugs, LLJ 43 xx

Darnell said...

Talk about being creative! This is so motivating, Katie, that you just decided to crochet an Elf yourself and he turned out magnificently!! You could sell those! Happy WOYWW and Happy Holidays!! Hugs, Darnell #10

Marit said...

Never heard of 'Elf on a shelf' but then again - I am in the Netherlands... I DO love the idea though (but it's too late to find me the wool and go chrochet my own elf as I'm full planned with assignments...) Your elf turned out a nice guy - so if he looks like your hubs that's a good thing! Happy (belated) woyww, happy holidays and a hug from Holland. Marit #55

Angie said...

Those elves creep me out, yours however is adorable! Cute cat too!
Angie #59

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your little elf, he's brilliant. So you don't want snow for Christmas! Everyone loves snow for Christmas, lol!

Hugs
Brenda 54

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done - great job! Am only just becoming aware of Elf on the Shelf....it's bound to become a huge phemnomenonomonmonom, so lovely. I love the idea that you subconciously made your Elf to look like your Darling!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Such a Cute idea!!! and the way you created him is just to funny!
Love him....
Thanks for your visit, Dotty #79.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...