30 August 2012

WOYW- T

So I'm late, as usual. This is a special WOYWW (http://stamping-ground.blogspot.com/) since this week I was was visiting my grandpa over the last few days.  He's in hospice care at my parents house 6 hours from here.  I had a few days just to sit with him and chit chat while he was awake, and read or paint while he rested.   We had a great visit.  I was amused to see this 94 year old farmer fall in love with my parents little dachshund, Rusty.  Rusty has refused to leave his side since he first started getting sick (when he aspirated).  The little stinker crawls right back into his bed and snuggles by Pa after we place him on the floor.  Pa says he does more good than any doctor ever could.   On Wednesday, I was back on the road so I could go back to work today.


Photobucket 
Painting while my grandpa rests

  Photobucket 
Rusty snuggling with Pa.


  Photobucket
Pa has had lots of visitors.

Photobucket
While I was in AR, I dropped by to say hello to my in-laws at Art Outfitters in Little Rock.  Of course...I had to make a few little purchases.  So here are the additions I made to my art stash :)

6 comments:

Roudi said...

Aww what a sweet little thing! Hugs and prayers for your Pa. ♥
Happy belated WOYWW.
Kisses,
Roudi #154

Queen Lightwell said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by my desk and leaving me a comment! :) I tried to follow your link on Stamping Ground but for some reason it just kept taking me back to Stamping Ground! It might be just me but you might want to check it or you might not get many visitors this week and that would be sad because the pic of your Pa snuggling with the weenie dog is just darling. I have a weenie dog too and they are very warm and snuggly. I bet its very comforting to your Pa to have the pooch nearby. Take care and have a great weekend! Deeyll

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy WOYWW
carol

laura said...

Stay strong and prayers for your pa.

Terry said...

Your grandfather is fortunate to have so many loving people - and a dog - around him. Looks like you had a fun little shopping trip too! Good for you.

Terry #60

Tertia said...

What a lucky man your grandfather is to have so many people that love him.
Happy very belated WOYWW!
Tertia #49

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...