05 February 2012

Fun in Ophthalmology

I'm currently in an ophthalmology elective and having a blast.  Instead of a test this time through, I'm supposed to present a topic.  Since I'm not so big into presentations...I got permission to make a game!  I still haven't thought of a clever title, but I have all the cards made and the game pieces.  I hope my clinicians like them since they are the caricaturized characters.  I think the premise will be the ophthalmology department has forgotten everything!  Help them remember what different colors on the cornea mean!

Step 1...draw out your characters on paper then trace them onto Shrinky dink.  Then flip the shrinky-dink over and paint them (I used acrylic)

Next: Bake them and watch them shrink and twist...and then hopefully straighten out...Or not.  This one was a flop, and I had to redo it.
Step 3.  I sprayed the one side with fixative to protect the paint and then I let that dry.  Next I hot glued the pieces onto half marbles :)


 
Here are 2 examples of the cake pops I made for food day (on ophthalmology).


Peace and Love,y'all.


Be sure to pop on over to Draw! Sketch! Doodle! to play along and sketch a caricature this week! 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becca said...

Ha ha that looks like fun :)

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...