27 February 2012

Saving the World


A couple of Sundays, the message at The Crossing was about work and ministry and it really struck a chord with me.  God has given me such a blessing in that he has placed me in my DREAM JOB!  I've always known and always worked toward the goal of becoming a veterinarian.  I feel that this my calling - what I was uniquely designed to do.  As I get closer to getting to live that goal out, I feel a calling to do more than just help the animals.  I also want to help the children - the children who need a safe haven.  My husband and I can provide the discipline, love, and hope the children need.  We will be their advocates, mentors, teachers, ...foster parents.   We're out to change the world!  I realized that my heart seeks to help those without a voice and those whose voices are not heard - the children and the animals. 

Your work is your ministry.  Even just cleaning your yard and doing a job well done. Do it as if for the Lord!  Engage culture restoratively.  Making people happy and flourish in your workplace.  Your calling as a Christian, is to make the world a better place.

One of my favorite inspirational stories is the starfish story (adapted from The Star Thrower by Loren Eiseley).  You should do a quick internet search for it (it's posted many, many places), because it's worth reading :)

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...