19 April 2011

Who I want to be in the future

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Give her the reward she has earned, and let her works bring her praise at the city gate. "

Proverbs 31: 10-31


That passage has been on my mind a lot lately as I prepare to finish up my academic career and enter the work force. Chase and I (and numerous other people) have been praying about our future jobs...Where will they be? Where should I start looking? The challenge is there is an abundance of veterinarians and a scarcity of veterinary jobs in the area around Columbia. However, Chase is unlikely to finish his degree by May 2012, and doesn't know where he will find a job after that. So I don't know where I should look for a job. My last 6 weeks of school ended up being a break, so I'm done in less than a year. This weekend, a LR vet reiterated that I have job in his clinic if I want it..and he would help me find a job anywhere in Arkansas. An answered prayer? We've talked about going ahead to LR and working while Chase finishes up his degree, but we would both be sad to spend so much time apart. I am confident it will all work out for the best in the end, but there are a lot of uncertainties regarding the future now.

I had a wonderful time visiting my family! Thank you!


Peace and Love, y'all

1 comment:

K said...

I worry over decisions all the time. The big decisions keep me up at night. In the end, as I look back on what I chose, I have yet to regret one single thing. Except that I still waste a lot of time worrying. ;).

You will find what works for you and Chase. And if it doesn't work - you can always change your mind and direction. Good luck!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...