02 February 2011

Blizzard -2011 Continued

Mizzou has already announced that it is closed tomorrow, and thus the clinician in charge of us said we aren't expected to be at school. I think I might be able to make it in though, so I might come in in the morning to make sure all is well.

Here is a tastey dinner Chase made for us:

12" iron skillet = awesome. I'm so glad I bought it.


So what does 20" of snow look like in windy Missouri? Here are some pictures for you.

What should any self-respecting, veterinary-to-be do upon discovering a snow drift up to her knees? Jump in face first, of course! (and yes, I asked if Chase had the camera ready...because I am that person who loves having pictures of herself as well as others).




Once Ruby got over the initial shock of cold, wet, white stuff that's taller than she is (in some areas), she really seemed to enjoy herself. We don't trust her not to run off, so she has her long lead on. She was absolutely adorable as she jumped from footprint to footprint - only occasionally jumping out on her own.

And here is my husband :) Isn't he a hottie? I think so!




In other news today I had a bout of the typical female insecurity. You know...men just don't seem to all of the sudden...out of the clear blue start doubting themselves. Maybe women just talk more, but it seems to me that sudden bouts of insecurity are sort of girl thing. What the heck started me up this time? Well the prospect of getting to school tomorrow (even though it's technically optional), the thought of the terrifyingly huge case load about to hit us come Monday, and well...just pure insecurity about myself. Sometimes (like today) I wish I had picked a low stress career...like a children's book illustrator. I worry about the way I come across to my clinicians... Are my questions annoying? Am I just annoying in general? I'm so worried about being annoying, I'm annoying myself (and Chase)...and over apologize and over thank for stuff. I'm easy going, and I'm almost always smiling...do I come accross as fake? Does that annoy less out-going people? Does my happy-go-lucky attitude come accross as being flippant...or even make me look like a ditz? My logical side recognizes I'm being completely ridiculous, but the other half cries out. And this is probably all because I'm tired and achey (and thus whiney) from shoveling snow for half the day. Why didn't I go to art school? Anyway, I have to snap myself out of it (or have God push me out of this rut) so here's a bible verse to help...I hope it helps someone else out there too :)


"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. " -Phillipians 4:6-9


Haha...it looks like I might need to finish So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore sooner rather than later :)


Peace and love, y'all
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anna said...

I love the picture of Ruby running toward the camera!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...