23 January 2013

Living the Good Life

I got home from work today, let the dogs (and cat) out, rub the chinchillas behind their ears, feed all the pets, and started dinner.  I grabbed the last clump of dough from the fridge and shaped it into a couronne ring, and let it rest while I cleaned the kitchen.   I'm really trying hard to keep the kitchen sink clean and free of dirty
 dishes...It seems like if I just let one go, it multiplies to piles of dishes all over the sink and counter. I'm actually trying to keep up with the house a little better, but I'll start with the kitchen sink.  Baby steps!




Here's yesterday's bread loaf - in the shape of a crown.  Baking bread always makes me think of Jesus and the bible.  Jesus said "The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed in a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough" (Matthew 13:33). I'm not sure I fully understand what exactly this parable means, but no matter how I look at it..there's a lesson to be learned from it.  Yeast (or leaven) is a symbol of sin in most of the bible.  Is it that a little bit of the gospel will spread through the earth...yeast in this parable is a symbol or growth?  Or does it mean that the church (kingdom of heaven) is permeated with sin ...like 1 Cor 5:6 ("Your boasting is not good. Don't you know that a little yeast works through the whole batch of dough?").  Either way...I want to be a force of good in this world, and a little faith goes a long way...but so does a little sin if ignored.  




Here's our humble dinner last night :) 2 fishes and a loaf of bread (lol...the dough rising in the bucket will make 4 more...so 5 loaves?).  I forgot to put the salt in this batch so it rose like crazy.   Funny...but I didn't realize that salt helped regulate the yeast (slows fermentation).

"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men." Matthew 5:13
 

 And lastly...here's an update on getting licensed to foster and adopt:
I installed really nifty child safety locks on the upper cabinet where we now keep cleaning supplies and knives.   They require a magnet key.


Peace and Love, y'all!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...