11 November 2012

Weekend activities and Sunday Sketches

I found a new blog hop called Sunday Sketches hosted at Blue Chair Diary Illustrations.  I added a picture link button thingy on the side bar :) Click it to play too!  Scroll to the bottom of this post for my watercolor sketches :)

After work on Saturday, we spent some time with some good friends.  Chase smoked us all at a game of miniature golf, then we ate at an authentic Japanese-Korean bbq, and watched James Bond.  At the restaurant, I ate a bone-in pork and potato stew (with a name I can't pronounce).  I admit I didn't much care for the bone in portion since apparently i was eating epaxial muscles of a pig and the vertebrae were floating in my soup.   However, the flavor of the soup was really good.  If I could have just gotten past the vertebrae part, it would have been really good.    


Just for kicks and giggles here's my desk today.  I've been enjoying the cold and rainy afternoon by painting at my desk.   I only stuck my paint brush in the hot cocoa by accident once.  


I finished 2 cards for my own swaps and 4 parakeets :)

The Painted Haiku Swap

Watercolor Scenes of Winter

Pretty bird swap (parakeets)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work, I`m so glad you have joined us!!!!

Joanne Osband said...

Your watercolor sketches have such a wonderful light touch. The bird has a knowing look about him/her. Love the colors too!

Tammie Lee said...

such charming critters.

Linda Richardson said...

lovely sketches!

Barb King said...

Love the color of the bird and the way it's looking right at me!

Christine said...

your sketches are so pretty, nice to meet you!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Wonderful paintings, Katie. Love the bright yellow bird and your fox - amazing expression and feeling there. :)

Debbie said...

your paintings are amazing! i love the bright colors you used for the bird!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...