10 October 2012

WOYWW - Bittersweet reflections


Here is my desk this Wednesday.  It's got a massive stack of envelopes I need to take to the post office today.   As far as art goes...not much going on this week..to many errands to take care of.  One thing that is new on my desk (or windowsill rather) is the little container of catnip.   Some clients at work bought it for their terminally ill kitty cat. They gave it to me after the cat passed on.   I really loved the cat and the owners. It was one of those cases that I will carry in my heart for the rest of my life. 



I was going to leave it at work to help other cats but it failed to flourish there.  So I decided to take it home and nourish it so I can use it to help other kitty patients :)



So what are all the errands keeping me from art this week? Well last Friday we picked up anther couple in our car to go play a round of miniature golf.   As we were stopped at a stop sign, another vehicle smashed into our car.  Our car is toast, but we all checked out at the ER with only sprained neck and back muscles.  So that's a blessing.  The driver of the other vehicle was drunk.  So now I have to get the insurance companies to work together to pay for the medical bills, provide a rental car until we can purchase a vehicle, and pay us the cost of my husband's totaled car.  YUCK!  I really just want it all to be over so we can move on with our normal lives!  There's a picture of car in the previous post for the curious.

Thanks for visiting!!


Peace and love, y'all!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Katie,

So glad noone in your car was seriously hurt (although neck and back pain can be quite severe). I absolutely hate drunk drivers. Our state is very bad about that.

Oh, and poor kitty. I hope you're able to bring life back to the catnip and many other kitties can enjoy it.

Happy WOYWW
Kay #126

Ali H said...

So glad to hear you all walked away from that crumpled car safe & sound - as you say it could have been SO much worse ! I hope that the insurers get their act together so you can get all of the hassle-ly stuff out of the way. take care ! Ali #47

Carmen said...

OMG - that is one very scary picture of that car! What kind of speed must they have been going. Thank goodness you are all OK.

Thank you for stopping by mine already - hope you get back to some arting soon :)

Carmen #113

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...