29 October 2012

Watercolor Landscapes with a Water Feature

So here are my submissions for a "fat book" swap on ATCsforALL.   These are 4x4" on rough watercolor paper.  It's the first time I tried using the handmade 320gsm, recycled cotton rag paper from Art Outfitters. At least, I think that's what I used...I lost the label for the paper!  I liked the end result a lot, but I got frustrated at first because it felt like I had to pound the pigment (Sakura koi watercolors)  in with a TON of water.  The outlines were done with micron pen.  Have I mentioned lately how much I love, love, love my Sakura Koi Pocket Field Sketch Box watercolors?  Seriously, this little box is perfect for my ATCs and I just love the colors.   If they made a giant version of this little box, I'd purchase it in a heart beat.  I've found that I like the pans of watercolors better than the tubes.  Actually I love all of Sakura's products that I've tried...the watercolors, micron markers, gelly roll pens, souffle pens... Enough rambling!  Here are my fat pages:

This is a painting of sunset at Eagle Bluffs.  Eagle bluffs is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.  Hubby and I try to go at least once a month to just soak the peace and quiet.

This is the Lower Falls in the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone (I think). 

This is from a picture I took in the Grand Tetons

Driving back to Yellowstone after visiting the Grand Tetons...there was a stream with a mirror like reflection right at dusk.  It was so serene. 


Peace and Love, y'all!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Conductor said...

Some of my favorites of your paintings EVER! So good!

Barb King said...

These are so beautiful, I love the one of the heron in the water. This brings back happy memories to me, we went there several times, loved Yellowstone, just drove past the Tetons on our way south, but I really want to go back and stay at Jenny lake. Thanks for the memories!

Ruth E. said...

Thanks for commenting on my Yellowstone Landscape. You did a great job on your landscapes! I hope I get one in the swap!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...