28 May 2012

Creative Days Off

I have a couple of days before work begins (real work...as in my first real job ever), and I'm using those days to create art (and...clean and pack up the apartment).

I've been somewhat following along with Altered Book Lover's altered journal series, but this is the first lesson I've really been able to complete.   :)  Sort of a lesson 8 and 9 combo:


http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/05/lesson-9-backgrounds-and-collage.html


This all started because I got distracted by colors in Taste of Home magazines I was looking through for meal ideas... 

Here's my analogous color scheme background...plus the syran wrap technique described in lesson 9 :)

Ah!  Dry!  Didn't that turn out neat?

Add my wheel, scraps from making the wheel, and some paint...and ta da!...There's an art journal page :)


Thanks for looking!


Peace and Love, y'all!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I enjoyed the lovely pages you created. It seems like you are quite busy getting a new home, rearing a new chinchilla, and starting a new job. Yep, I spent a lot of time reading your previous posts. So that makes it even greater that you had a great time being creative on your days off. Really nicely presented, too.

Terrie said...

Fabulous pages and what a great start to your journal. I can't wait to try some of Elizabeth's background techniques myself. Thanks for visiting my blog.

BJ said...

Hi Katie, thanks for visiting my Altered Book, good job you did as I can't get your link from Elizabeth's page to work! Love your colour wheel, am I you get it righ,t you are doing an Art Journal and not an Altered Book? To be quite honest, other than the "substrate" they seem quite similar to me - LOL

Dawn said...

Love you pages Katie, looks like you had lots of fun doing them. I really like the technique you have used to create texture on your pages, may have to try that one one day lol.
Hugs x

SandeeNC said...

Loving the pages and I'm going to be trying that Saran wrap method too, love how yours turned out! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

paulaexuk said...

What a lovely spread, the warmth radiates from the pages. I love the zeti feel to the flower. I couldn;t get to your page through Mr Linky but came through your post on Elizabeth's blog.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Great color wheel!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...