05 July 2011

The 4th of July

Chase's family came to visit over the holiday weekend. We had a great time just hanging out and checking out the local frozen custard and yogurt shops. I was on call for a lot of the weekend, but managed to only get called in for 2 emergencies :) Hooray! So I was able to cook all the food I had planned on making...spinach and tomato-bacon quiche on biscuit, zucchini bread, rainson bran bread, and oven-baked fried chicken. We visited my favorite Thai food place, and it was ooooh soooo delicious! I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often (and I love cooking for people...). Ruby wishes they would stay all the time...she needs more respect (she got a bath and her anal glands expressed today).


Summer is undeniably here! My flowers are in bloom; my tomato plant is growing well, but has no blooms yet.




To celebrate the 4th Chase and I went over to a friends house for bbq and fireworks. No sooner had I grabbed a sparkler did my phone ring. So I had to go in to help with a sick animal, but I watched the city's fireworks from the vet school parking lot waiting for it to arrive.



My hibiscus is flowering :)



Chase spread some birdseed out in the weed patch behind our apartment (where there were formerly trees before the power company cut them down), and look what grew: big beautiful sunflowers! So if we don't make it to a field of sunflowers this summer - at least I'll have some here to enjoy!


Peace and Love, y'all!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Becca said...

I can't wait for my hibiscus to bloom! It is a HUGE bush in the backyard. I'm 99.9% sure it's a hibiscus - I have never actually seen it in bloom, but I HAVE seen the flowers on the ground (late last fall when we moved in) and the leaves look... hibiscusy? So I hope it is! I have been enjoying all sorts of "surprise" flowers this season - tulips of all colors, purple irises, orange day lilies, white Asiatic lilies, light pink morning glories, and some orange/pink snapdragons recently appeared! It's been fun to watch our overgrown flowerbeds sprout some pretty fun plants and flowers, but I am excited for late summer when I get to move everything around and make my flowerbeds what I want them to be :)

I love your flowers and I'm glad you had such a merry 4th of July with family!

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...