30 April 2008

Final Day of Undergraduate Class

Today was my final day in undergraduate classwork. Tomorrow I defend my thesis, and my one and only final this year is on Tuesday. That's not much to do school-wise for the next two weeks.

My senior year of college has flown by. I can't believe I'm actually graduating college in one week and 2 days. It just seems unreal. How did I get that old? I'm not mature enough to be a college graduate. When did this happen??

Even my brother is growing up. He'll be here next year. It's such a strange place to be right now - a liminal state. I'm neither a college student, vet student, or working member of society. I'm finishing up one phase of my life and moving to the next. Overall I am not greatly stressed about it, but I do spend quite a lot of time wondering how it is all going to work out. Will I like Columbia? Am I ready for the challenging curriculum of vet school? Who will my friends be? Am I going to get that greyhound or will I end up taking Rusty? Where will I go to church? How often will I be able to see my family? What about my Fayetteville friends? What about Chase? So much will be changing in the next 4 months as I graduate and then move out of Arkansas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to worry about me...or anything else really. What does worry get you? Tomorrow has enough trouble of its own.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...