04 September 2007

Dying Begonias and Bleeding Thumbs...


Ok...so I guess I'm not in the best mood right now. I had a wonderful weekend, but I ended it by gashing my thumb open with a knife while trying to open a package. At least the knife was brand new and produced a very clean cut. It bled for a little while, but I didn't feel it was necessary to go to the emergency room. It hurts, but hopefully will heal well since I'm taking care to clean it and treat it with antibiotic ointment. It was a pretty deep cut. I imagine I got fairly close to the bone. That sucks. I waited 2 hours as a walk in appointment at the health center just to have a nurse tell me keep it clean and if it turns red, swells, or produces heat come back for antibiotics. Yay. You can't see it in the picture...because I'm wearing a bandaid, and taking a picture of a nasty cut is just wrong anyway.


In other news...my begonia appears to be dying. I'm bringing it in with the hope I can nurse it back to health. But...it isn't looking good...



















I figure those are fairly symbolic of my mood... Bleeding thumb and dying begonias.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...