13 June 2007

Not a good day for my gourd plants


Today was obviously not a good day in the life of my gourd plants. As you can see from the pictures...Plants 1 and 2 desicated. No bueno. Plant 1 was 8cm last night. Poor thing. Plant 3 is still just a seedling...I'm hoping it will spout soon...It has roots already. Plant 4 I am proud to say is doing well. Lol...I'm glad at least one is doing well. Aunt Kim said you just plug them in the ground, water them every once in awhile, and leave them alone. Well I guess that work for a cooler area. Hmm, maybe next time I'll try to give them an adjustment period before such a rude awakening to Arkansas heat. Poor things. Maybe their roots are still alive. I'll water them for a couple of days to see. I accidentally broke off plant 5's leaves while planting it. I'm hoping it will be ok anyway. Plant 6 is a seed I just plugged in the ground. Wouldn't it be cool if plants 1 and 2 looked good as new in the morning? I can hope, right?


In other news...today was a fairly good day at work. I worked very hard cleaning the clinic since we had no appointments. AND Dr. LaVergne hired an assistant for me. How cool is that! Today was a perfectly good day for getting out on time, but unfortunately the kennels weren't ready...Bleh...I had my part completely finished, but I had to go pick up some slack. Oh well. I'll train my "assistant" to work hard and get everything done on time so we all can get out on time. I'm sure the two of us together can get things done to get out on time. >-)

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...