15 February 2007

Try # 2 at updating my blog...

Every thing on this page is from Meredith Fenwick.


Well...I hope everybody had a wonderful Valentine's day! I certainly had a great one ^_^ I finished all my recruiting calls before Chase arrived so I was fully able to enjoy our time together without worrying about them. Hooray! He built up my emergency chocolate supply, and we went to Chilli's (no wait!) and watched House of Flying Daggers until after 1am.

Random thoughts.

-It was snowing, and the snow was beautiful and sparkly.

-I get to see Chase tomorrow too! He's driving all the way to Harrison to meet me at Z and Paul's wedding. What a good boyfriend...and then he's driving alll the way back to LR the same night. Bleh...I'll ride with him if I can weasle out of the student panel's meeting with the dean (gah! meeting with the dean....I can't just skip it....) in time to catch a ride with Z's friends (Speaking of which...what time will that be?).

-I went shopping today and bought...stuff. -Michelle's getting married tomorrow!!!!!!! She will be my second friend from high school to get married, although I have to say Z and Paul make a great couple. ;) Congrats guys! I'll have to take some pictures of you two tomorrow!-After claiming I don't normally get homework...my teachers assigned me homework today. Heh...I guess I'll have to finish it.

-Maybe I'll go home (again)Really

Random thought
-Recently I read the story of the Midianites plot to destroy the Israelites by engaging sending their women to seduce the Israelite men into worshiping Baal-Peor (a fertility god...you can imagine how one would worship a fertility god...). Well, this didn't take much effort. God is very angry so he sends a plague. God commands Moses to kill the leaders and expose them in broad daylight so His anger won't burn against Israel. So Moses commands that the men who worshiped with the Midianite women must be put to death....This is the part that really gets me... An Israelite named Zimri chooses this time to bring a Midianite woman to his family "right before the eyes of Moses and the whole assembly of Israel" while they were weeping for the people that just got killed. Stupid. Anyway, Eleazar, Aaron's son, gets a spear and follows them into the tent and drives the spear through both of them - through the man's body and into the woman's. God is pleased with Eleazar's zeal for God's holiness so he stops the plague after 24,000 died. On God's command, Israeal kills all the Midianite women who had been with a man, men, and boys. The bible doesn't say how many Midianites died, but it says that 16,000 young women were taken as plunder...so you can imagine how many men and older women died. This story has stayed on my mind as an illustration of how serious sin is to God, and how I need to be careful in my own life not to take my own sin too lightly. So that's what's been on my mind lately.

Mostly though, I've been thinking about how much I like to spend all my time with a certain someone (and I'm shameless admitting it)^_^ Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...