23 October 2013

WOYWW - quilting



It's been a long time since I participated in WOYWW!   And I'm a bit late this morning... So what's on my workspace this week?   A whole box of t-shirts (with a wet, blind kitten on top - it was Stevie's bath day), a stack of books about quilting, my ott light, and just some odds and ends.  I've been researching a quilting project.  I have about 22 of my late grandfather's flannel shirts (right now they are spread out on my guest bedroom bed).  I first wanted to make wedding presents for the 2 cousins getting married this fall....then I thought.. but what about my parents, 3 uncles, and 7 cousins...who all loved my grandpa.   Is there a way to make something from 22 shirts for 12 different families (including mine)?  Maybe a 2 quilt block wall hanging for each one.  Then I started thinking...there's no way I can get them finished in time for even the weddings...and I recruited help from an aunt.  She came up with the idea of making it a collaborative project between all the women in my family.  Awesome!  So in a couple of weeks we'll have a fantasy shirt draft (the women's counterpart to my family's fantasy football draft).   

I'd love ideas on what to do with my grandpa's shirts (and my t-shirts too)!  Maybe once Operation Papa Shirt Project gets moving I'll share some pictures from it!

Peace and Love, y'all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't do the WOYWW anymore because my vision finally gave up the ghost for painting but I still love to visit everyone, I love your poor blind kitty , such a wonderful gift you have planned, the best quilts are made this way, excellent! lol,

Kim Ferguson (Paper Crafting) said...

Thank you for your visit. No sure of ideas for your treasure you are planning for you Grandpa's shirts. You could use the fabric to back shadow boxes and include photos and/or memorabilia you may have to share from him as well. Good luck and wonderful to have help coming in to make this happen. Kim #90

Unknown said...

Hello, I want to peek around in your site .. I see some neat things. but I will post thing b 4 I forget or get lost. Thanks for stopping in. Roberta 96

Erika said...

Wow, so much to do in your workspace:) Have a creative time!
Erika

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

That sounds like a very creative affair and a great way to strengthen the bonds in your family. Happy WOYWW and blessings! #27

Barb King said...

That's a perfect solution! Then you can get input from everyone and collaborate! I haven't WOYWW'ed in ages, maybe this week.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...