18 June 2013

Hugging my Dogs and Chin-drama


Today was one of those days.   I came home, and loved on my own dogs...and told them never to get old.  It would be nice to have super human veterinary powers -  to talk to animals, assuage their fears, ease their suffering...

In other news, Ruby and I are still training for a 5K.  We're up to 8 minute intervals.   She's a pudgy little thing, but I'm determined to get the extra weight off of her!  She's on a low cal, high fiber diet and we're working to increase her exercise.  I've lost 20 pounds in the last year without really trying...it just doesn't seem fair that poor Ruby has to work so hard to loose weight!  Little fatty...

In the chinchilla realm of my household, drama has been the theme.  We let the three boys run together for a little bit while we're still awake.  There was the standard barking, humping, and peeing on each other.  Then...Bert bit Gus in the face. They are separated again...hopefully no one will put them back together for a while to let things settle down.  Poor Gus-gus...he's really stressed now and he won't come out of his hidey-box.  I hope he'll be ok and didn't get too stressed...but I'm pretty worried about him.  His wounds will be fine, but he just got so stressed!  We'll keep a close eye on him - make sure he's eating, pooping, and behaving normally.  :(  If Gus-gus declines, you can bet I'll do everything I can for him.   I'll admit, seeing any of my fur-babies hurt brings tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...