30 May 2007

Recent Journey

I can't seem to get Picassa to upload pictures + blog anymore. Finicky thing. Blogger work it out!!! Anyway...pictures later...if we're lucky

My family, Chase, and I returned from KY on Monday. I have to say it was a very nice trip. Relations aren't always the best with my mom's side so we were all a bit worried how things were going to turn out, but I don't think things could have gone smoother. Thank the Lord! Chase, George, and I spent the night at Aunt Kim's house for the first 2 nights. Aunt Kim is so sweet and hospitable.

On the drive there, we stopped at Fort Donalson (I think that's the name...). It had some pretty neat earthworks, but I think the best part about this place was seeing the eagle's nest with 3 baby eagles in it.

We arrived pretty late to Aunt Kim's...so I crashed pretty much right after that.
The next day was Grandpa's party. Fun! It went very smoothly. His scrapbook was a big success. I was happy Chase was able to meet my grandparents. Lol...that night, Kim told me all about decorating gourds and gave me 3 to decorate. I still need to sand them and wash them up a bit, but I can't wait to get to work on them. I think I might plant some.

Sunday we went to the races. Ok...probably not the best thing to do in place of church... It was very fun. I didn't win any of my (very small...) bets. It was very fun to see the horses run though. After that we had a family picnic including grilled burgers and a game of frisbe :D

So overall a very nice weekend. Now I have to work. Haha...I really didn't need a job this summer, but I guess it's good to work. Work can be stressful, but overall I like it. ^_^ Dr. LaVergne is a good vet, and I can learn a lot from him. I just wish they had kept my original schedule - three 9am-1pm shifts per week (Tues-Wed-Thurs). That was perfect...but I guess I'll be ok with the evening shift as well. I'll get more hours this way. I think I'll still have time to craft and have fun as well ^_^ Well, Cheerio. I hope all is well with you.

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...