23 June 2006

Whiny american brat...

One of my RAM sticks failed today... Dell will be sending a replacement shortly. I'm starting to think Macs are better than PCs. Wow... what a spoiled American brat I am. I need to start volunteering or something. I'm tired of sitting on my lazy butt doing nothing during my days off.
This is the true joy in life, being used for a purpose recongized by yourself as a might one; being a force of nature enstead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community, and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can.
I want to be thoroughtly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.

George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are starting down a very good line of thinking...and possibly with all the problems you have with Dell, a Mac might just be worth it?

mrb said...

excellent, excellent quote...one of my favorites!!
;)

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...