28 September 2008

Tozer


This is the book we're reading in my women's bible study (the one with the study guide though). I have to say it is very convicting and inspiring. Tozer wrote it to encourage his generation to passionately pursue God, because he saw how content and lazy his generation of Christians had become (hmmm...what would he say about our generation?).

Here is an exert from one of his prayers - he wrote it when he was ordained as a minister:
...Save me from bondage to things. Let me not waste my days puttering around the house. Lay Thy terror upon me, O God, and drive me to the place of prayer where I may wrestle with principalities and powers and the rulers of the darkness of this world. Deliver me from overeating and late sleeping. teach me self-discipline that I may be a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

Ug...did he write that with me in mind?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...