07 September 2008

Next Week


Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever
Mahatma Gandhi
Friday night I had some friends over for a movie night :) Saturday I scrapbooked and studied most of the day. Today I went to church. The lectures in church are going to be based on the book unChristian for the next couple of weeks. It's about how non-Christians perceive Christians to be hypocritical, boring, conservative, judgmental folks only concerned with world domination by "saving" others. It should be interesting. Based just on Christians around you, would you want to be a Christian? I also signed up for a Tuesday night women's bible study in order to stay grounded in the Word. Forging some relationships outside of my vet school bubble is probably a good idea too. If there's drama in my class, I'll have a place to escape.

This next week is going to be a bit hectic. I have 4 quizzes, 1 exam, and another rabies shot. I felt a bit achey last night, but now the pain has faded from the first shot. Everything moves so fast! We cover so much material so quickly, I'm having to adjust my study habits. Just because I have a quiz in one class doesn't mean I can only study that one class the night before. I have to study most classes every day just to keep up. But so far, so good. I feel ok about my first Cell Bio quiz and I made a 100% on my first anatomy quiz (it was really easy though. It had a word bank). This next week will be trying, but I'm not anxious about it - not worried about it anyway. I'll handle it the best I can, and that's all I can do.

One of my lab groupies said that we're learning so much so fast, something in my brain is going to have to go to make room for the new material. Apparently that true...after looking for 30 minutes for my pen to my wacom tablet, I finally found it in the dishwasher. The dishwasher!!! Thank goodness I look there! What if I had washed it? I must be losing my mind!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dishwasher? The dishwasher!!! ^_^ Something tells me you took it with you when you were taking a cup to the kitchen and just set it down with the cup. *shrugs* I'm glad you found it, anyway! When/how did you even think to look there? I don't know if I ever would have looked there...

I'm back in Fayetteville. I tried to call you and you are not online. *sad* I'm going to go try to call you again.

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...