17 September 2008

This Breaks My Heart of Stone

http://www.redmountainchurch.org/rmm/alb/HOSclips/Track01.mp3 <-- listen We sang this at church and I thought it was just beautiful. The lyrics are so powerful.
Jesus let thy pit’ing eye
Call back a wand’ring sheep;
False to thee like Peter I,
Would fain like Peter weep;
Let me be by grace restored;
On me be all its freeness shown;
Turn and look upon me, Lord
And break my heart of stone.
And break my heard of stone.

Savior, Prince enthroned above,
Repentance to impart,
Give me through thy dying love,
The humble, contrite heart.
Give what I have long implored,

A portion of thy love unknown
Turn and look upon me Lord,
And break my heart of stone.
And break my heart of stone.

Look as when thy pit’ing eye,
Was closed that we might live;
"Father” at the point to die,
My Savior cried, “Forgive”.
Surely with that dying word.
He turns and looks and cries “Tis Done”
O my loving, bleeding Lord,
This breaks my heart of stone.
This breaks my heart of stone.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.allbutonespecies.blogspot.com/

vet blog

Goals 2021

  After reflecting on last year's goals, I've settled on this year's ambitious goals. 1.     Grow your mind: Read 52 books  Th...